VIRTUALFANTASYCON 2016 is on.
My author booth is up and running.
And here are the rules for the Drabble Competition.
VirtualFantasyCon 2016 Drabble Competition
Fancy writing a DRABBLE?
Want to win a signed copy of my first medieval fantasy novel Evil Never Dies?
Any genre of fantasy is acceptable but ...
Please read the rules VERY carefully, as alas, any entry that strays from them cannot be considered.
Drabbles are tales of exactly 100 words excluding the title.
The theme for the competition is, ‘The Power Beyond,’ but these words do not need to be included within your Drabble and must not be used in the title.
1. No really bad language, graphic violence, or hard erotica please. Think of my sensitive eyes and ears.
2. Copyright remains with the author but by entering the competition you grant me the right to publish your entry on my blog page and other social media.
3. Free to enter. Buying me a pint down the pub is optional but I’m up for a meeting.
4. Should the winner not reside in the UK I reserve the right to award the prize as an e-book rather than a signed paperback copy, but I will do my best to send a paperback. If you fancy a pint and personal delivery then please send the air fare to Rick Haynes etc...
5. The competition will run for three days commencing Sunday the 9th of October GMT, and ending at 19.00pm on Tuesday the 11th of October GMT. Entries received outside these times and dates will not be eligible.
6. The winner will be announced on my website, Facebook page, etc. just as soon as I have read all the entries.
7. My decision is final and in the case of any dispute what I say goes. I will not be swayed by a meet up, unless you generously offer to buy me two pints of real ale, a packet of crisps and a one year subscription to a fantasy magazine of my choosing.
8. One entry per person. If multiple entries are received only the first will be accepted. You must know by now that I’m a slow reader.
9. Most important of all, let’s have some fun. Think outside the box, use a little humour, make it dark or heroic, all Drabbles will be carefully considered.
The following notes may assist you.
Part 1. The Tease – Set the scene – tempt the reader.
Part 2. The Hook – You’ve grabbed the interest – they want more.
Part 3. The Kill – The unexpected conclusion – the twist or sting in the tale.
To enter, simply post your entries here. These details are also available on my website.
Feel free to share with all your friends, the more the merrier (especially if they would like to bribe me with free ale.)
Any questions please contact me via my author booth but do remember the deadline.
Errors, omissions and other rule breakages are not my fault - I'm an author not a lawyer.
Bye for now and the very best of luck.